The Engineering Department of the City of Enterprise observes the following procedure for requesting inspections.
International Residential Code
R109.3 Inspection Requests
It shall be the duty of the permit holder or their agent to notify the building official that such work is ready for inspection. It shall be the duty of the person requesting any inspection required by this code to provide access to and means for inspection of such work.
- We will recognize "the permit holder or their agent" as:
- Permit Holder-the duly licensed individual listed on the application for permit
- Their Agent-the individual employed on a full-time basis solely by the permit holder and recognized as his foreman/superintendent
- We require that the permit holder or their agent verify the work is complete by being present at the time of inspection or the inspection will not be made. To aid in scheduling inspections, we expect the requests be made as follows:
- Morning inspections should be requested by 4 p.m. the day prior
- Afternoon inspections should be requested by 11 a.m. the day needed
Required re-inspections will be scheduled by the Engineering Department according to our workload. These inspections will be rescheduled as we have time. Once again, please be sure all work is complete, correct, and ready to be inspected.